Jackson Hole has music playing ALL THE TIME! It’s EVERYWHERE!
It’s starts with an elk bugle…add a little rushing river, a osprey cry, a wind gust, and a willow bush being rustled by a moose and you get… sounds of Jackson Hole. Our nature sounds are 100% unique and can not be bottled up into a CD or audio file! In Jackson Hole, all you have to do is put on your coat and enjoy the wet, cold early Spring weather (AKA Mud Season) to hear it! The melting river, winter winds, and occasional chirps will be music to the ears!
OK, OK. That’s not why you are here. You are looking for tunes of a different genre and we are going to direct you to that music scene as well.
In Jackson Hole, you can find live music most nights of the week. There are a handful of venues that have recurring bands and other venues where bigger name artists come to perform. Here’s a list in no particular order:
- The Town Square Tavern, Town Square, Jackson: Tickets in advance/at door- Check website for schedule. Genre: Funk, Reggae, Rock…Variety.
- The Cowboy Bar, Town Square, Jackson: Cover charge at door-Monday-Saturday. Genre: Mostly Country, Rock
- The Silver Dollar Bar at the Wort Hotel, Near Town Square, Jackson: No Cover Charge-Tuesday, Thursday(Recurring Band), Weekends. Genre-Mostly Swing, Country, Rock, Bluegrass.
- The Virginian Saloon, South of Town Square on Broadway, Jackson: Occasional cover charge-Fridays and Saturdays. Genre: Country, Rock.
- The Granary, Spring Creek Ranch, Gros Ventre Butte East:- No cover charge-Jazz on Friday, Piano Bar on Saturdays.
- The Pink Garter: Near Town Square, Jackson: Tickets in advance/ if available at door-Check website for schedule. Genre: Depends on the artist.Variety.
- The Center for the Arts, Cache Street, Jackson: Tickets in advance/if available at box office- Check website for schedule. Genre: Depends on the artist. Variety.
- The Stagecoach Bar, Hwy 22, Wilson: No Cover Charge- Check website for schedule. Famous Stagecoach Band plays Sundays nights from 6-10 for past 40+ years. Disco Night Thursdays (DJ).
- The Mangy Moose Saloon, Teton Village: Tickets in advance/at door- Check website for schedule. Genre: Depends on the artist. Variety.
- The Grand Teton Music Festival, Teton Village: Tickets in advance. Summer July-August. Genre: Classical.
- The Knotty Pine Supper Club, Victor, ID: Tickets in advance/at door-Check website for schedule. Genre: Depends on the artist. Variety.
A couple other venues that occasionally have music include Eleanors, the Roadhouse (DJ), and Dornans (the Hootenanny and Open-Mic Night).
Whether your taste is musical notes, a DJ, or the relaxing sounds of nature, music in Jackson Hole is plentiful and bound to appeal to any mood you find yourself in. Come experience our sounds for yourself!